Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"We researched about the Harlem Renaissance. I researched it on Google. We searched different websites. I researched about Duke Ellington." -Brandon







"I was researching about Louis Armstrong, but then I found out about somebody named W.E.B Du Bois and I researched a lot about him!" -Haylie

"When I did my research, I found out that Zora Neale Hurston's birthday is tomorrow. She was an author and liked writing plays." -Caydence

"I was researching about Bessie Smith and I found out that she went on to show biz when she was 18 and died when she was 43 in a car accident. She was famous for singing and dancing." -Liz

"I was researching about Louis Armstrong, but saw stuff on Duke Ellington and learned that he was a famous pianist and got nicknamed "Duke" because he always wore fashionable stuff." 
-Lila

"Today we had math and writing rotations and both of the times I went to Mrs. Thompson. In writing rotations, we were close reading an article about bats and highlighting. In math rotations, we were multiplying two- and three-digit numbers by two-digit multiples of ten using the area model." -Erin

"At recess, I played Capture the Flag." -Caelen

"In PE, we practiced basketball." -Eli

"When I went to Mrs. Kutz, I found out that I don't go to her any more, I go to Mrs. Frase from 1:00 to 2:00." -Keilani

"In PE, I got hit in the head with a basketball!" -Savahna

Homework:
Read 30 minutes and write summary
Tell your parents something you learned today about the Harlem Renaissance





No comments:

Post a Comment